We’ve listed outrageous interview questions before, and everyone has a story of that interviewer who asked a crazy, out-of-the-blue interview question. Here’s another round of weird questions job-seekers were asked.
This list comes from CBS Moneywatch and includes the companies that terrified applicants with these wacko queries.
- What is your strategy at table tennis? (Citigroup)
- Tell me about your life from kindergarten onwards. (Merrill Lynch)
- If we were playing Russian roulette and had one bullet, I randomly spun the chamber and fired but nothing was fired. Would you rather fire the gun again or respin the chamber and then fire on your turn? (UBS)
- You are climbing a staircase. Each time you can either take one step or two. The staircase has n steps. In how many distinct ways can you climb the staircase? (Google)
- If you walk into a liquor store to count the unsold bottles, but the clerk is screaming at you to leave, what do you do? (Diageo North America)
- If you could describe Hershey, Godiva and Dove chocolate as people, how would you describe them? (Lubin Lawrence)
- How many cocktail umbrellas are there in a given time in the United States? (Gryphon Scientific)
Want to see more crazy interview questions? Click here, or leave your own interview questions in the comments section below.