Interviews are a great way for employers to really get to know a potential new hire, but this may not always be a good thing for the candidate.
When prospective employees get a little too comfortable during the interview, they can go from being a top prospect to the reject pile in just a few questions.
Here are some candidates that won’t be getting a call back anytime soon:
- A candidate mentioned to the HR coordinator that he’d risk another jail sentence by crossing the state line to come to the interview. But, he assured the coordinator, violating his probation was entirely worth it.
- Not wanting to answer a cell phone call during their interview, the candidate asked the interviewer to leave his office so she could talk.
- This candidate took a casual interview too far by asking his potential employer, “What happens if I wake up in the morning and just don’t feel like coming to work?”
- One candidate unpacked her china set and napkin to feast on a tasty salad.
- In a rush to get to her interview on time, the candidate got in a bout of road rage as a driver blocked her car from getting out of the garage. In her enraged state, she started screaming curse words and honking at the driver. When she finally made it to the interview — you guessed it — the other driver was her interviewer.
Do you have any horror interview stories? Share your stories in the comment box below.